The institute, a famous international study center is dedicated to the practice and training of students and teachers from all over the world, and also has a section dedicated to the study of the therapeutic effects of Yoga.
- Light on Yoga: (Theory and Practice of Yoga, 1965) translated throughout the world and a true best-seller for the praricanti of all styles of Yoga, whose B.K.S. Iyengar strictly analyzes and defines more than two hundred Asanas (positions);
- Light on Pranayama: (Theory and Practice of Pranayama, 1985) in which the Master describes and deepens with great rigor and detail the main yogic techniques of resipination.
Thanks to his work and his teachings IYENGAR Yoga Centers have been born all over the world (Europe, United States and Canada, Australia, Central and South America, Russia, China and many others).
B.K.S. Iyengar considered his body as a laboratory, investigated it thoroughly and developed a very accurate teaching and practice method, so that his teachers could guide all the students in the best way.
The body thus becomes a true instrument and object of meditation, predisposing practitioners to control the senses, developing a concentrated and meditative mind.
Request a free trial lesson
or contact us for more information.
What is IYENGAR® Yoga
The IYENGAR Yoga takes its name from the method created by Master B.K.S. Iyengar.
Teaching and tools in the IYENGAR® Yoga
The benefits of IYENGAR® Yoga
- improves posture and perception of one's body;
- the muscles harmonize and strengthen;
- improves joint mobility;
- benefits the health of the spine;
- helps the cardiovascular system;
- the internal organs benefit from the stimulus they receive in each position;
- increases the immune system;
- the mind calms down and rebalances itself.
IYENGAR® YOGA is for everyone
the practice of IYENGAR® Yoga helps to develop strength, flexibility and balance.
The practice is modified according to its constitution. In this way, each student works to get the maximum benefit, according to their current possibilities;
- a characteristic trait of IYENGAR® Yoga is the use of tools (props) which, in case of need, help to stay longer in the position to receive the benefits of the practice;
- IYENGAR teachers are trained to help students individually, even in group lessons;
- children need a vigorous and dynamic practice to learn the concentration and harmonious development of the body;
- adults, with constant practice, reduce tension, prevent problems in the spine, joints and internal organs, strengthen the nervous system, developing a concentrated and meditative mind;
- In maturity, with a specific practice, one learns to keep the body active, the mind alert but quiet and the effects of aging are counteracted.